Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: The Worst Mythic Ever

  1. #1
    Inactive Member TheAbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    826
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The Worst Mythic Ever

    Abyssal Persector. What were they thinking makng that Mythic. I mean, it's worse than Lotus Cobra.


    SPOILER ALERT





    http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/tc...4ggowya_EN.jpg

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    1,151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Worst Mythic Ever

    I just read the spoiler on that guy earlier. I just read the text and hadn't noticed the rarity. That makes it even worse. You can't win. Why play it then? Worse yet, you can still lose. Grinning Demon wasn't very good at the same casting cost. So you add flying and trample, at the cost of going from losing 2 life a turn to not being able to win?!
    And mythic. Ugh. Really. Now this is certainly a case of using the rarity for something other than they stated it was for, right?
    *mooooooooo*

  3. #3
    Inactive Member anonymos's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Worst Mythic Ever

    Apparently they need to balance out the OMG THESE ARE AWESOME!!!ONE!!11! type mythics with some that are just plain bad. Yay for seeing a mythic rare come from your pack that is blatanly worse than the land in the pack.

    I <3 Mytic Rares!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheAbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    826
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Worst Mythic Ever

    It is starting at 20 bucks a copy on SCG?

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    1,151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Worst Mythic Ever

    $20? Seriously? Who is going to pay that?!!
    *mooooooooo*

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cmorndorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2007
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Worst Mythic Ever

    Are we missing something big? Something that makes this guy $20?
    -Chad

  7. #7
    Inactive Member anonymos's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Worst Mythic Ever

    Think 6/6 flier with trample followed by baneslayer. That's 11 on turn 5, or 4 if you play the new silly signet thing. The standard guys are looking at it that way and just killing it when it's time to kill the opponent. I kind of agree that it isn't too hard to kill your own guy if you really want to, but still...

    I hope I pull a foil one out of one of my boxes so I can unload it before the hype dies off.

    I'm calling it the new Lotus Cobra.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member TheAbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    826
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Worst Mythic Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymos View Post
    Think 6/6 flier with trample followed by baneslayer. That's 11 on turn 5, or 4 if you play the new silly signet thing. The standard guys are looking at it that way and just killing it when it's time to kill the opponent. I kind of agree that it isn't too hard to kill your own guy if you really want to, but still...

    I hope I pull a foil one out of one of my boxes so I can unload it before the hype dies off.

    I'm calling it the new Lotus Cobra.
    Anything on he 4th turn looks good when followed by Baneslayer. Hill Giant looks good.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member TheAbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    826
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Worst Mythic Ever

    On the other hand, not a Mythic, but this may be myfavorite multiplayter card from the set from today:


    http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/tc...1jbzc1p_EN.jpg


    AWESOME!

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    1,151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Worst Mythic Ever

    Wow! Am I reading that correctly? That actually triggers for each creature that would attack?!! That's the best damned propaganda ever. 3RR is a standard red cost for a 5/4, the ability is pushing it to the wall. Damned fine card.
    *mooooooooo*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •